Imaging Organizations Large and Small, All Share the Same Storage Issues Right? Aka, One VNA Solution Fits All? Not So Fast!
Last Updated on Thursday, 23 August 2012 12:51
Written by deepwellarchive
Thursday, 23 August 2012 12:52
August 23, 2012
So let’s take a look at a few of the different types of imaging organizations:
- One or Two Radiologists in Private Practice
- Teleradiology Practice with (25) Radiologists
- Large Hospital System with Multiple Imaging “ologies”
- Imaging Center Company with (6) Locations
- (12) Member IDN
- Etc., etc.
No one would question that the medical imaging industry encompasses a diverse community of health care professionals and organizations. From the perspective of long term electronic image and data management, these organizations face different challenges to be sure, but they also share some common regulatory requirements and business challenges as well.
Any medical imaging organization, large or small, is required by the HIPAA Security Rule to maintain multiple, secure copies of diagnostic study data for disaster recovery in the event of a catastrophic data loss, as well as a business continuance contingency plan to maintain services in the event of an interruption to normal clinical operations.
After that it’s pretty much up to the imaging organization as far as the implementation of clinical and technological “best practices” for image and document sharing (XDS, XDSi, etc.), system interoperability, standards conformance, etc. It sounds like there is no “one size fits all” panacea solution for this diverse group. Or is there?
For more details…
Please click on “View Now” to watch this brief, informative video. We hope you enjoy the presentation. We’ll be posting fresh content on our site several times a week at least, so make sure you frequently check us out for new videos, blogs, technical papers, and other useful information related to the medical imaging industry.
Want to receive an email notification when we post a new, informative video or blog? It takes less than a minute. Click on this link, http://deepwellarchive.com/news/, and sign up today!
- DeepWell Archival Services Announces Partnership with Keystone Medical Technologies
- Cloud Based Storage Services Provider, DeepWell Archival Services, and Strategic Partner Telerad Tech Announce New Client for Hosted PACS and Long Term Archive Solution
- DeepWell Archival Services, DeJarnette Research Systems Announce Enterprise Level Foundational VNA Software Solution for Under $50k