Zero Cost Is Hard to Beat!
Last Updated on Monday, 6 August 2012 11:49
Written by deepwellarchive
Monday, 6 August 2012 11:50
July 12, 2012
And when you’re talking about diagnostic study data with seven year retention periods (minimum), a one time ingestion fee for the life of the information vs. recurring storage costs for:
- Capital acquisition costs for hardware and software
- Hardware and software maintenance
- System administration costs
- Technology refresh and migration costs
- Capacity expansions
- Data protection costs
- Data center resource costs
- Power, cooling and bandwidth costs
…starts to look pretty attractive. That’s a one-time cost incurred on the month the data is ingested, and zero cost for months (2)-(72).
Oftentimes the very real recurring costs referenced above, are left out of the equation when imaging organizations consider the costs to provide long term data preservation for their study data. The sad reality is also that many of these costs cannot be recovered or used to directly offset income either. The management costs, for example, although they are very real cannot be easily recovered as a direct expense. Capital expenses for hardware and software, although again very tangible, are subject to multi-year depreciation schedules and so are also not directly recoverable as offsets to income. So imaging organizations get stuck with big bills for long term storage and data preservation, without being able to easily deduct the associated expenses. That doesn’t sound fair!
Well it isn’t fair, but there is an alternative! Low, one-time storage costs, accounted for as a 100% offset to income each month. Hard to believe? Consider cloud based image storage.
For more details…
Please click on “View Now” to watch this brief, informative video. We hope you enjoy the presentation. We’ll be posting fresh content on our site several times a week at least, so make sure you frequently check us out for new videos, blogs, technical papers, and other useful information related to the medical imaging industry.
Want to receive an email notification when we post a new, informative video or blog? It takes less than a minute. Click on this link, http://deepwellarchive.com/news/, and sign up today!
- DeepWell Archival Services Announces Partnership with Keystone Medical Technologies
- Cloud Based Storage Services Provider, DeepWell Archival Services, and Strategic Partner Telerad Tech Announce New Client for Hosted PACS and Long Term Archive Solution
- DeepWell Archival Services, DeJarnette Research Systems Announce Enterprise Level Foundational VNA Software Solution for Under $50k